CE Marking - Machinery (MD)
CE Marking for Machinery and Industrial Machinery (MD)
European Directive MD 2006/42/EC
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC harmonizes the safety and health requirements for the design and manufacture of machines at European level and for the entire European Economic Area (EEA). These products must meet all the requirements established by law before being introduced to the market or used.
The aim of this directive is to have safer machines that contribute significantly to reduce accidents and damage to health, in the workplace or the domestic environment. By fixing the CE Marking on these products, the manufacturer or importer guarantees that they meet the requirements established by law in the European Union for safety, health and the environment.
1. This Directive applies to the following products:
(b) interchangeable equipment;
(c) safety components;
(d) lifting accessories;
(e) chains, ropes and webbing;
(f) removable mechanical transmission devices;
(g) partly completed machinery.
- Modifications -
¿Need assessment to perform the CE Marking to Machinery Products?
Sherpa Product Certification provides complete certification or concrete assistance at any stage and throughout the process of certification or CE Marking of Machinery and products covered by the European Directive 2006/42/EC, Our intervention will summarize and delimit the legal framework that applies to your products, facilitating the identification and understanding of requirements and the development of processes to fulfill them.
How Sherpa Product Certification can help?
- Classify the product and determine the legal framework applicable in each case.
- Identify essential requirements in specific Directives by product.
- Identify, acquire, adapt to the design and carry out tests on products according to Harmonized European and Regulatory Standards.
- Check and manage the intervention of an Accredited Body (Notified Body).
- Evaluate the Product’s Conformity Evaluation according to the mandate established in the Directive.
- Prepare and maintain the technical documentation.
- Write the Declaration of Conformity and carry out the CE Marking.
How can we Help you?
Contact your Sherpa
Sherpa Product Certification is formed by a group of engineers who are experts in regulation and standardization of products, materials and industrial processes at an international level. Our essence as Sherpas is to help our clients to create lasting value in their business and meet their professional needs. If you need help in the procedures of a certificate or simply need specific information about our services, we are happy to help you. Hire a Sherpa in your company and forget about legislation and documentation of your products. Our Sherpas certification experts report quickly and efficiently to the needs of our clients when we are most needed.