CE Marking Radio Equipment (RED)
CE Marking Radio Equipment and Radio Software (RED)
European Directive RED 2014/53/EU
The European Directive RED 2014/53/EU regulates Radioelectric Equipment (RED) and all kind equipment that intentionally emits or receives radio waves for the purpose of radiocommunication or radiodetermination and, consequently, systematically uses the radioelectric spectrum. European in scope and applicable to the entire European Economic Area (EEA). These products must meet all the requirements established by law before being introduced to the market, marketed or used.
The purpose of this Directive is to guarantee the efficient use of the radio spectrum to avoid harmful interference and guarantee a level of electromagnetic compatibility suitable for its environment. By fixing the CE Mark on these products, the manufacturer or importer guarantees that they meet the requirements established by law in the European Union for safety, health and electromagnetic compatibility.
Subject matter and scope
1. This Directive establishes a regulatory framework for the making available on the market and putting into service in the Union of radio equipment.
2. This Directive shall not apply to equipment listed in Annex I.
3. This Directive shall not apply to radio equipment exclusively used for activities concerning public security, defence, State security, including the economic well-being of the State in the case of activities pertaining to State security matters, and the activities of the State in the area of criminal law.
4. Radio equipment falling within the scope of this Directive shall not be subject to Directive 2014/35/EU, except as set out in point (a) of Article 3(1) of this Directive.
- No Modifications -
¿Need assessment to perform the CE Marking to Radio Equipment or RED Software?
Sherpa Product Certification provides complete certification or concrete assistance at any stage and throughout the process of certification or CE Marking for Radio Equipment , Software and products covered by the European Directive 2014/53/EU, Our intervention will summarize and delimit the legal framework that applies to your products, facilitating the identification and understanding of requirements and the development of processes to fulfill them.
How Sherpa Product Certification can help?
- Classify the product and determine the legal framework applicable in each case.
- Identify essential requirements in specific Directives by product.
- Identify, acquire, adapt to the design and carry out tests on products according to Harmonized European and Regulatory Standards.
- Check and manage the intervention of an Accredited Body (Notified Body).
- Evaluate the Product’s Conformity Evaluation according to the mandate established in the Directive.
- Prepare and maintain the technical documentation.
- Write the Declaration of Conformity and carry out the CE Marking.
How can we Help you?
Contact your Sherpa
Sherpa Product Certification is formed by a group of engineers who are experts in regulation and standardization of products, materials and industrial processes at an international level. Our essence as Sherpas is to help our clients to create lasting value in their business and meet their professional needs. If you need help in the procedures of a certificate or simply need specific information about our services, we are happy to help you. Hire a Sherpa in your company and forget about legislation and documentation of your products. Our Sherpas certification experts report quickly and efficiently to the needs of our clients when we are most needed.