CE Marking Toys (TSD)
CE Marking for Toys and Products for Kids (TSD)
European Directive TSD 2009/48/EC
The European Directive 2009/48/EC for Toys (Toy Safety Directive TSD) harmonizes and establishes the essential safety requirements of toys, including special safety requirements in regard to their physical and mechanical properties, flammability, chemical and electrical properties, hygiene and radioactivity. This Directive is for the entire Europe and for the European Economic Area (EEA). These products must meet all the requirements established by law before being introduced to the market, marketed or used.
The aim of this Directive is to harmonize the essential requirements for the safety of toys and to facilitate their commercialization throughout Europe and the European Economic Area (EEA). By fixing the CE Mark on these products, the manufacturer or importer guarantees that they meet the requirements established by law in the European Union for safety, health and the environment.
1. This Directive shall apply to products designed or intended, whether or not exclusively, for use in play by children under 14 years of age (hereinafter referred to as toys).
The products listed in Annex I shall not be considered as toys within the meaning of this Directive.
2. This Directive shall not apply to the following toys:
(a) playground equipment intended for public use;
(b) automatic playing machines, whether coin operated or not, intended for public use;
(c) toy vehicles equipped with combustion engines;
(d) toy steam engines; and
(e) slings and catapults.
- No Modifications -
¿Need assessment to perform the CE Marking to Toys and Products for Kids?
Sherpa Product Certification provides complete certification or concrete assistance at any stage and throughout the process of certification or CE Marking for Toys and Products oriented to Kids covered by the European Directive 2009/48/EC, Our intervention will summarize and delimit the legal framework that applies to your products, facilitating the identification and understanding of requirements and the development of processes to fulfill them.
How Sherpa Product Certification can help?
- Classify the product and determine the legal framework applicable in each case.
- Identify essential requirements in specific Directives by product.
- Identify, acquire, adapt to the design and carry out tests on products according to Harmonized European and Regulatory Standards.
- Check and manage the intervention of an Accredited Body (Notified Body).
- Evaluate the Product’s Conformity Evaluation according to the mandate established in the Directive.
- Prepare and maintain the technical documentation.
- Write the Declaration of Conformity and carry out the CE Marking.
How can we Help you?
Contact your Sherpa
Sherpa Product Certification is formed by a group of engineers who are experts in regulation and standardization of products, materials and industrial processes at an international level. Our essence as Sherpas is to help our clients to create lasting value in their business and meet their professional needs. If you need help in the procedures of a certificate or simply need specific information about our services, we are happy to help you. Hire a Sherpa in your company and forget about legislation and documentation of your products. Our Sherpas certification experts report quickly and efficiently to the needs of our clients when we are most needed.