RoHS Certificate CE Marking
RoHS Certificate for CE Marking
Restriction on the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) - European Directive 2011/65/UE
The European Directive 2006/42/EC establishes rules and restrictions on the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment with the aim of contributing to the protection of human health and the environmentally appropriate recovery and disposal of waste. Its application is European and for the entire European Economic Area (EEA). The Electrical and Electronic products must comply with all the requirements established by law in this Directive before being introduced in the market, commercialized or used.
By fixing the CE Mark or the RoHS mark on the products, the manufacturer or the importer guarantees that they meet the requirements established by law in the European Union for safety, health and the environment.
1. This Directive shall, subject to paragraph 2, apply to EEE falling within the categories set out in Annex I.
3. This Directive shall apply without prejudice to the requirements of Union legislation on safety and health, and on chemicals, in particular Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, as well as the requirements of specific Union waste management legislation.
4. This Directive does not apply to:
(a) equipment which is necessary for the protection of the essential interests of the security of Member States, including arms, munitions and war material intended for specifically military purposes;
(b) equipment designed to be sent into space;
(c) equipment which is specifically designed, and is to be installed, as part of another type of equipment that is excluded or does not fall within the scope of this Directive, which can fulfil its function only if it is part of that equipment, and which can be replaced only by the same specifically designed equipment;
(d) large-scale stationary industrial tools;
(e) large-scale fixed installations;
(f) means of transport for persons or goods, excluding electric two-wheel vehicles which are not type-approved;
(g) non-road mobile machinery made available exclusively for professional use;
(h) active implantable medical devices;
(i) photovoltaic panels intended to be used in a system that is designed, assembled and installed by professionals for permanent use at a defined location to produce energy from solar light for public, commercial, industrial and residential applications;
(j) equipment specifically designed solely for the purposes of research and development only made available on a business-to-business basis ;
(k) pipe organs.
- No Modifications -
¿Need assessment to obtain RoHS Certification for Electric or Electronic Equipment?
Sherpa Product Certification provides complete certification or specific assistance at any stage and throughout the certification process or CE Marking of Electronic and Electrical Products subject to the European RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU, with our help, all relevant chemical analysis will be carried out and you will acquire the best practices for the traceability of materials and substances present in products.
How Sherpa Product Certification can help?
- Classify the product and determine the legal framework applicable in each case.
- Identify essential requirements in specific Directives by product.
- Identify, acquire, adapt to the design and carry out tests on products according to Harmonized European and Regulatory Standards.
- Check and manage the intervention of an Accredited Body (Notified Body).
- Evaluate the Product’s Conformity Evaluation according to the mandate established in the Directive.
- Prepare and maintain the technical documentation.
- Write the Declaration of Conformity and carry out the CE Marking.
How can we Help you?
Contact your Sherpa
Sherpa Product Certification is formed by a group of engineers who are experts in regulation and standardization of products, materials and industrial processes at an international level. Our essence as Sherpas is to help our clients to create lasting value in their business and meet their professional needs. If you need help in the procedures of a certificate or simply need specific information about our services, we are happy to help you. Hire a Sherpa in your company and forget about legislation and documentation of your products. Our Sherpas certification experts report quickly and efficiently to the needs of our clients when we are most needed.